Tuesday, September 12, 2006

this song's bout Heaven!

So I'm driving to work this morning...'The Re-birth of Kirk Franklin" in my CD player (thank you, Lina), a steaming hoTT SBUX brew in my Lynx thermos (thank you, Abs)...and Kirk begins to yell,

"this song's bout Heaven!
this song's bout Heaven!
We're gonna be just like Jesus...
we're gonna be just like Jesus...
when we get there!"

My heart starts singin..."Jesus, take me now!!!"

I wanna be just like You...now!

Now, obviously, His purpose for my life at this moment isn't to join His Kingdom quite yet. BUT, that doesn't mean I can't try my very hardest to be just like Him right now.

Father, my prayer today is to be more and more like you with each breath I take, each choice I make. May my words praise You! May my steps follow Your lead. May my thoughts be Christ-centered. May my heart be a lover of each person you set on my path.

Thank You, Jesus, for saving me. For loving me. For trusting me with Your Story. Thank you for using my morning commute to draw nearer to You. Today, help me touch my lil corner of the world with Your Big Story.

I love you, Jesus.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home