always a catch...
listen, all i want is for someone more technologically advanced than myself to come to our apartment, hook up the internet, and charge me 30 bucks or less a month to use it.
is that too much to ask?
instead, i call Time Warner, who recently sent out this "GREAT" deal saying they'd charge $33/month for Road Runner internet...installation and all that crap is free. I'm like, "Terrific! Sign me up!" Until of course I call and chat with a rep who tells me the deal is for one computer only...oh, and you only get that price if you sign up for all three services (cable, phone, and internet), bringing your total monthly bill before taxes to $99.
that's an awfully BIG catch.
but...then I'm told there's this deal for $29.95/month for 6 months, also with free installation. "Sounds good, let' s do that," I say. To which the response is: However, that's only for one computer as well...2 computers would be $54.95...$89 after taxes, with a $31.95 installation fee, and the service would require a landline to be installed.
oh - my - goodness. are ya kiddin me with this.
broadband. high speed. wireless. road runner. dsl. router. adaptor. yadah, yadah, yadah...it's like a freakin' foreign language to me.
facebook. wnba.com. yahoomail. espn.com. nfl.com. lynxbasketball.com. my list of internet needs is few, not so diverse, yet very, very important. c'mon folks. let's simplify the process, and lower the price just a bit.
if anyone out there has internet suggestions...or offers they know of without a catch...let me know, please!
is that too much to ask?
instead, i call Time Warner, who recently sent out this "GREAT" deal saying they'd charge $33/month for Road Runner internet...installation and all that crap is free. I'm like, "Terrific! Sign me up!" Until of course I call and chat with a rep who tells me the deal is for one computer only...oh, and you only get that price if you sign up for all three services (cable, phone, and internet), bringing your total monthly bill before taxes to $99.
that's an awfully BIG catch.
but...then I'm told there's this deal for $29.95/month for 6 months, also with free installation. "Sounds good, let' s do that," I say. To which the response is: However, that's only for one computer as well...2 computers would be $54.95...$89 after taxes, with a $31.95 installation fee, and the service would require a landline to be installed.
oh - my - goodness. are ya kiddin me with this.
broadband. high speed. wireless. road runner. dsl. router. adaptor. yadah, yadah, yadah...it's like a freakin' foreign language to me.
facebook. wnba.com. yahoomail. espn.com. nfl.com. lynxbasketball.com. my list of internet needs is few, not so diverse, yet very, very important. c'mon folks. let's simplify the process, and lower the price just a bit.
if anyone out there has internet suggestions...or offers they know of without a catch...let me know, please!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home