Sunday, December 24, 2006

Family...

Boog and I just dropped my lovely roommate off at the airport. She's on her way home to PA to be with family for Christmas.

I'm always excited for her when she gets to visit family, for the opportunities are too few and far between.

As I hugged two of my very closest friends good-bye and Merry Christmas, and now finish getting ready to join my own family for a Christmas celebration, it makes me analyze the word family and it's true meaning.

I'm thankful for my blood family, I truly, truly am. I'm very blessed to have so many people who care about me. But family is SO much more then simply blood.

In a few minutes I will get in my Suzuki and travel a short distance to spend time with people who love me and whom I love in return...but who are essentially acquaintances, most of the time just ships passing in the night. It seems a bit odd to me that this is how I spend the greatest holiday of the year.

The heart has the ability to do a lot of things when Jesus rests within. Mine has redefined the word family...brought a new meaning to the phrase unconditional love. It's easy to see...and even easier to feel when Jesus is truly working in people's lives. When He is, extraordinary things happen. Love becomes thicker than blood, friends become family.

This morning, I hugged my family good-bye and Merry Christmas. I will think of them today and tomorrow as I celebrate the birth of Our Savior, Our Lord.

Praise God for the birth of our Jesus. Praise Jesus for His selfless sacrifice that makes it possible for us to live abundantly, doing life with one another whether our family is near or far.

2 Comments:

Blogger Full of JOY said...

i couldn't agree more. although i have blood family that is true family- i also count myself blessed to have an abundance of extended family outside of them as well. i don't know what i would do without my little county inn family (yes boog- that means you, too!). blessed indeed.

1:05 PM  
Blogger Full of JOY said...

yeah- like i said. GET INSPIRED already.

3:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home