Everything that has breath
Last night, as I lay down to sleep, I was consumed by an overwhelming thankfulness...for my bed. Probably sounds weird, I know. But in that moment God reminded me how Blessed I was for this seemingly simple thing. To some, it's not a simple thing. To some, they'd give anything to lay their head in a clean, warm, safe bed each night.
So I praised Him last night for my bed. For a cute apartment in a safe neighborhood, with a Sister in Christ sleeping right next door. And this morning I praised Him for food in my stomach, clothes in my closet, and a running car to take me to my stable, enjoyable job this morning. For a hot cup of coffee that I had $2 to buy. For a mother to talk to on the phone who tells me to have a good day and that she loves me. For a little sister who's healthy, intelligent and has the opportunity to attend a safe and good school. And for the rest of the day, I ask the Lord to continue reminding me of all of the praisworthy Blessings that surround me. Simple or extravagant, His hand is in each of them; and for each of them, HE is worthy to be PRAISED!
PSALM 150
Praise the LORD!
Praise God in his sanctuary;
praise him in his mighty heavens.
Praise him for his acts of power;
praise him for his surpassing greatness.
Praise him with the sounding of the trumpet,
praise him with the harp and lyre,
praise him with tambourine and dancing,
praise him with the strings and pipe,
praise him with the clash of cymbals,
praise him with resounding cymbals.
Let everything that has breath praise the LORD.
Praise the LORD!
So I praised Him last night for my bed. For a cute apartment in a safe neighborhood, with a Sister in Christ sleeping right next door. And this morning I praised Him for food in my stomach, clothes in my closet, and a running car to take me to my stable, enjoyable job this morning. For a hot cup of coffee that I had $2 to buy. For a mother to talk to on the phone who tells me to have a good day and that she loves me. For a little sister who's healthy, intelligent and has the opportunity to attend a safe and good school. And for the rest of the day, I ask the Lord to continue reminding me of all of the praisworthy Blessings that surround me. Simple or extravagant, His hand is in each of them; and for each of them, HE is worthy to be PRAISED!
PSALM 150
Praise the LORD!
Praise God in his sanctuary;
praise him in his mighty heavens.
Praise him for his acts of power;
praise him for his surpassing greatness.
Praise him with the sounding of the trumpet,
praise him with the harp and lyre,
praise him with tambourine and dancing,
praise him with the strings and pipe,
praise him with the clash of cymbals,
praise him with resounding cymbals.
Let everything that has breath praise the LORD.
Praise the LORD!


1 Comments:
i was being a major crap yesterday...so i sat down on my break and wrote down in my journal some of the things i am thankful for...what an amazing way to change a nasty perspective...i love this!!
Post a Comment
<< Home