the day i met you, by n.smith
I can remember the day I met you.
It wasn’t at confirmation class. It wasn’t when I received my first bible. Or took my first communion.
It wasn’t on a Sunday.
It wasn’t in a sermon. Or a hymn.
It wasn’t through a religion. Or even in a church.
The day I really met you, it was just
You
And
Me.
In a basement.
Your spirit came upon me. My knees hit the ground. A puddle of tears gathered at your feet, as a white flag was raised above my head.
You gave me your hand. I handed you my heart.
No magic needed. No tracks in my back pocket.
Just a gentle touch to my heart. A purpose revealed to my destiny. A promise spoken from your lips.
No special prayer. No walk on water.
Just my jumbled words of thanks and praise.
Imperfect and unprepared, I was rescued.
That’s how I met you.
It wasn’t at confirmation class. It wasn’t when I received my first bible. Or took my first communion.
It wasn’t on a Sunday.
It wasn’t in a sermon. Or a hymn.
It wasn’t through a religion. Or even in a church.
The day I really met you, it was just
You
And
Me.
In a basement.
Your spirit came upon me. My knees hit the ground. A puddle of tears gathered at your feet, as a white flag was raised above my head.
You gave me your hand. I handed you my heart.
No magic needed. No tracks in my back pocket.
Just a gentle touch to my heart. A purpose revealed to my destiny. A promise spoken from your lips.
No special prayer. No walk on water.
Just my jumbled words of thanks and praise.
Imperfect and unprepared, I was rescued.
That’s how I met you.


2 Comments:
the most amazing thing I've read in a long time..thanks.
I agree with Eric on this one. This is some really powerful stuff. Thanks for a wonderful read.
- Dan H
Post a Comment
<< Home