Sunday, January 20, 2008

Out of control

"What?" You may ask, "could possibly cause Abigail Joy Amos to leap to her feet, sprint down the hall while proudly exclaiming, 'YES, YES, YES, YES, I ROCK!'" Then throw herself down on her loveseat with vengance, cradle her face in her hands, and proactively wipe the inevitable tears falling from her eyes. (Yes, I said tears)

What was the cause of this outburst? While I know it will shock you to find out that it was not a popped blood vessel...it will most likely not come to surprise that the cause was her newest love: Guitar Hero.

I quietly looked up from my laptop, where I was slaving away on homework and asked, "Are you crying? Please tell me those aren't tears. Please tell me you are not crying because you just beat a song in Guitar Hero. Are you crying!?!"

She met my eyes in immediate defense, wondering why I could even question the response of pride and excitement she had just showed for her most recent GH accomplishment.

Without missing a beat she boldly claimed:

"Swz, I've been working on this for four days."

Then whipped her hair in a pony, rolled up her sleeves and granted the deafening PS2 crowd their request for her encore.

Although I'd say the tears were a more than slightly overboard response, after an hour of the same song, my ears were thrilled for a little variety.

5 Comments:

Blogger Full of JOY said...

it wasn't a SONG that i beat...it was a guitar BATTLE. much different. much harder. if you're gonna mock, at least get your facts straight.

and you were NOT doing homework- you were IMing might i add.

lastly,
I TOTALLY DO ROCK!!!!!!!! i death drained you, tom! take that!

6:02 AM  
Blogger gretchen said...

oh dear--I think she needs an intervention. Give that thing back to Amber

8:49 AM  
Blogger Chuck said...

Did somebody just say an intervention?! I'll help, it'll be good future practice!

12:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

for some reason when you wrote that whole "swz..." part i pictured her sounded like tori... all matter of factly and serious, but yet kinda whining at the same time. now that just made tori sound bad, which she isn't (gretchen!)... i love tori, AND abby!!!

6:11 PM  
Blogger gretchen said...

That's what you better say Marissa! =)

7:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home