Tuesday, October 03, 2006

i just want to be with You, by nsmith

Your sacrifice mystifies me. Your courage and bravery astound me! Your unconditional, unfailing, and unending love humbles me.

How am I worthy to accept your grace and faithfulness? Sometimes I question if the cross was really worth me? Were all of my screw-ups and let downs worth the blood you shed?

If you knew, before you hung, the sins I’d commit…would you still have willfully accepted the nails?

Then I remember…you did know. You knew each and every way that I would let you down. You saw every sin that lied on my Earthly path. And still – you hung for me. You bled for me. You were rejected, whipped, doubted, harassed, disowned, all for me.

How can I ever thank you, Father? What kind of man does that for His child?

None I’ve ever known.

What kind of God sacrifices His only son?

What kind of plan aligns the stars in such a way that I may receive such amazing grace? That I may receive such unfathomable forgiveness? That I may receive such truly endless love? That I may spend Eternity sitting next to my Father?

Lord, you are ALL that I want. You are ALL that I need. If the world I live in would allow, I would hide myself in a coffee shop, or in my bed, or on the shore of a quiet lake…and just BE. Just be with you.

The only desire of my heart at this very moment is to be with the One I belong to. To leave the sin and drama and nonsense of this world behind, and just worship you.

I want to sit at your throne and wash your feet with my tears. I want to sing of your glory and praise your name. I want to touch your face and embrace your body. I want to hold your hand as we walk the streets of Heaven.

This world has nothing for me, and you mean everything to me.
I just want to be with you. Today, I just want to be with you.

1 Comments:

Blogger Full of JOY said...

reminds me of that song...kutless maybe? "why do you run? why do you hide? oh don't you know i just want to be with you...be with you..." i think in this case it's what Jesus is saying to US. in your case...it's what you're saying to HIM. not a lot of "christians" even have that longing...can even say these things. intimacy with Jesus, my friend, is a treasure. it's worth the hard road traveled...and it's an unconditional love gift that came from the cross. eternal life comes from the cross, but so does intimacy with our Savior...

4:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home