Monday, September 15, 2008

tatted up

been a crazy couple weeks.

last week i did something i've wanted to do for a long, long time. just had never really figured out exactly what.

without further ado, here is my tattoo:



it is in Hebrew and it means "I will lift my eyes."



PSALM 121
1 I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills,
from whence cometh my help.


2 My help cometh from the LORD,
which made heaven and earth.


3 He will not suffer thy foot to be moved:
he that keepeth thee will not slumber.


4 Behold, he that keepeth Israel
shall neither slumber nor sleep.


5 The LORD is thy keeper:
the LORD is thy shade upon thy right hand.


6 The sun shall not smite thee by day,
nor the moon by night.


7 The LORD shall preserve thee from all evil:
he shall preserve thy soul.


8 The LORD shall preserve thy going out and thy coming in
from this time forth, and even for evermore.

4 Comments:

Blogger Full of JOY said...

it just looks so cool!! i love how the letters are...almost like little pictures. english is so boring!! still love your rug, too!! :) even more, the meaning is pretty sweet swz. bebo would be proud.

11:27 AM  
Blogger gretchen said...

Love it...well, it still looks painful for me personally, but love it on your wrist. ;) I was just studying that Psalm in my Bible Study this week and I am supposed to be memorizing it--good stuff--very good stuff.

2:13 PM  
Blogger Chuck said...

Great Tattoo! Welcome to the wonderful world of permanent ink! You are giving me ideas for my fourth one!

2:23 PM  
Blogger Heidi said...

I love the saying you chose! The inner wrist looks like it'd be really painful though... I'm sitting here rubbing mine just thinking about it. :)

1:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home