praising my divine romance
For You I sing I dance
Rejoice in this divine romance
Lift my heart and my hands
To show my love, to show my love
i just need to take a minute to praise my God publicly. i hope to have some time to really reflect upon and communicate my life over the past year, and even more specifically the last 6 weeks or so. but for tonight, i just sit here in my khaki, suede chair with my woven titans blanket draped over me, and i praise the almighty. i sit before him in awe. in greater awe than possibly ever before. i recently surrendered to him in a way i never had. more broken, confused and lost than i had ever felt. i came to him just as i was. i came to him as a person i never knew i could become. one i didn't like. i came to him with shame, guilt and pride. and i thought these would be impossible to set aside and leave behind. i laid it all down at his feet, and i told him with more authenticity, truth and certainty than i had ever spoken with before, that i desired only his will. i desired nothing more than my next step to be in his footprint, instead of the creation of my own. i may have said those words, sang those words many times before...your will, not mine; your will be done. but never had i meant it like i do now. in return for this vulnerability, he revealed a hope, wisdom and comfort that i have never experienced before. he delivered the sound of laughter from my voice that i have not heard in months. he gave me relief in the midst of great pressures and stresses that i had created for myself. i praise the almighty, for i have never felt the power, the healing and the love that he has so graciously poured on me since i released control and stepped into his presence. i longed to be me again. and i found me...in him.
For You I sing I dance
Rejoice in this divine romance
Lift my heart and my hands
To show my love, to show my love
Rejoice in this divine romance
Lift my heart and my hands
To show my love, to show my love
i just need to take a minute to praise my God publicly. i hope to have some time to really reflect upon and communicate my life over the past year, and even more specifically the last 6 weeks or so. but for tonight, i just sit here in my khaki, suede chair with my woven titans blanket draped over me, and i praise the almighty. i sit before him in awe. in greater awe than possibly ever before. i recently surrendered to him in a way i never had. more broken, confused and lost than i had ever felt. i came to him just as i was. i came to him as a person i never knew i could become. one i didn't like. i came to him with shame, guilt and pride. and i thought these would be impossible to set aside and leave behind. i laid it all down at his feet, and i told him with more authenticity, truth and certainty than i had ever spoken with before, that i desired only his will. i desired nothing more than my next step to be in his footprint, instead of the creation of my own. i may have said those words, sang those words many times before...your will, not mine; your will be done. but never had i meant it like i do now. in return for this vulnerability, he revealed a hope, wisdom and comfort that i have never experienced before. he delivered the sound of laughter from my voice that i have not heard in months. he gave me relief in the midst of great pressures and stresses that i had created for myself. i praise the almighty, for i have never felt the power, the healing and the love that he has so graciously poured on me since i released control and stepped into his presence. i longed to be me again. and i found me...in him.
For You I sing I dance
Rejoice in this divine romance
Lift my heart and my hands
To show my love, to show my love


4 Comments:
I could cry. =)Let's laugh together very soon.
This is beautiful. It makes my heart smile :)
I agree... this is sooo beautiful. You express yourself so well! I miss hearing your "one thing" on Sunday nights and learning from you. I'm so glad you opened up your blog again. I don't know the specifics, but I relate to your words and learn from your words. I don't break down before my Lord enough and this encourages to me to let go before Him. Again, so beautiful!
This is one of my favorite songs! Miss you!
Post a Comment
<< Home