...i will...
I've always been so in awe of fellow brothers and sisters who take huge steps of faith based solely on the calling that God has placed in their lives. Whether it be a missions trip, going to seminary, moving across the country, giving up a job, a relationship, a habit or addiction.
We all make so many choices, big and small, that affect our day to day lives. But so rarely do I consider God's voice amidst all of those choices. I think that's why I've always admired those people who have humbly knelt before the Lord and said, "I will." Whatever God's request, wherever he is leading them, they simply say, "yes, I will."
I've always lived a really safe life. I've always thought that being practical is just being smart. Even though there's a lot to be said for being practical and thinking things through, at times I know I have allowed that way of thinking to serve as a barrier between my decisions and God's desires for me.
He's stood by me through a lot of stuff recently. He's watched a lot of unexpected things go down in my life. He's broken me down in a lot of ways, and begun to rebuild me in others. He's revealed huge truths through huge bummers. He's shown me how far I have drifted from my true self...and begun to remind me of those people and things that really make me who I am.
And right now, at this moment, I feel him calling me to be brave. I feel him strengthening me in a way I've never known. I feel him asking me to trust in him more than ever before. I feel him asking me to take a leap of faith completely dependent upon his plan for me.
So here I sit, in the midst of my safe, comfortable life...quiet and humbled before my Jesus, just waiting on him to make his request, and praying for the courage to look him in the eyes with trust and say, "I will."
We all make so many choices, big and small, that affect our day to day lives. But so rarely do I consider God's voice amidst all of those choices. I think that's why I've always admired those people who have humbly knelt before the Lord and said, "I will." Whatever God's request, wherever he is leading them, they simply say, "yes, I will."
I've always lived a really safe life. I've always thought that being practical is just being smart. Even though there's a lot to be said for being practical and thinking things through, at times I know I have allowed that way of thinking to serve as a barrier between my decisions and God's desires for me.
He's stood by me through a lot of stuff recently. He's watched a lot of unexpected things go down in my life. He's broken me down in a lot of ways, and begun to rebuild me in others. He's revealed huge truths through huge bummers. He's shown me how far I have drifted from my true self...and begun to remind me of those people and things that really make me who I am.
And right now, at this moment, I feel him calling me to be brave. I feel him strengthening me in a way I've never known. I feel him asking me to trust in him more than ever before. I feel him asking me to take a leap of faith completely dependent upon his plan for me.
So here I sit, in the midst of my safe, comfortable life...quiet and humbled before my Jesus, just waiting on him to make his request, and praying for the courage to look him in the eyes with trust and say, "I will."


1 Comments:
I have no doubt that you will have the courage and that you will obey. Then hold on, because you are in for the ride of your life! ;)
Post a Comment
<< Home