oh the million faces
You know when you just find a song or an album that fits a certain moment or season of your life. And you just hit the repeat button and allow the lyrics to become your own reality. The melody seems to keep time with the rhythm of your heartbeat. It’s sorta like that song is an entry in your diary but you didn’t write it.
Oh a million faces pass my way Oh they're all the same, nothing seem
to change anytime I look around Oh who knows just what the future
holds All I want to know is if it's with you
We're distracted by the hard times, and the troubles that we make
Let us throw them in the ocean, let it wash our cares away Oh the
phone you know it never stops, it's the last thing I hear at night
And the first thing in the morning
Oh a million faces pass my way Oh they're all the same, nothing seem
Oh a million faces pass my way Oh they're all the same, nothing seem
to change anytime I look around Oh who knows just what the future
holds All I want to know is if it's with you
I look at myself. My life. What’s in it. And what is not.
Without looking in the mirror, I see my reflection closing in on me. Standing on the threshold of my 25th year I’m inundated with questions for God. Just desiring a simple yes or no answer to my biggest question “am I on the right track with this life you gave me?”
And at the risk of sounding too girly…a big part of that question is “am I following the path that you’ve created to lead me to my true soulmate.”
Part of my hope as a Christian is drawn from the absolute Truth I know about my God. That He is an intentional and purposeful Lord. That His plan for me is more detailed and perfect than I can ever imagine. I know that He has already sorted through the million faces I pass on my way, and chosen THE face of my dreams.
In the meantime, however, I simply wish that it wouldn’t feel like I’m wasting so much of my time wondering about the million faces that pass my way, praying that God doesn’t let me pass the One He’s already chosen for me.
I don’t know what the future holds, and I’m okay with that. But Lord, if you could just let me know if my future is not with him, allowing me to confidently move past his one in a million face, it’d make my thoughts a lot less complicated and my tomorrow a lot more clear.
I look at myself. My life. What’s in it. And what is not.
Without looking in the mirror, I see my reflection closing in on me. Standing on the threshold of my 25th year I’m inundated with questions for God. Just desiring a simple yes or no answer to my biggest question “am I on the right track with this life you gave me?”
And at the risk of sounding too girly…a big part of that question is “am I following the path that you’ve created to lead me to my true soulmate.”
Part of my hope as a Christian is drawn from the absolute Truth I know about my God. That He is an intentional and purposeful Lord. That His plan for me is more detailed and perfect than I can ever imagine. I know that He has already sorted through the million faces I pass on my way, and chosen THE face of my dreams.
In the meantime, however, I simply wish that it wouldn’t feel like I’m wasting so much of my time wondering about the million faces that pass my way, praying that God doesn’t let me pass the One He’s already chosen for me.
I don’t know what the future holds, and I’m okay with that. But Lord, if you could just let me know if my future is not with him, allowing me to confidently move past his one in a million face, it’d make my thoughts a lot less complicated and my tomorrow a lot more clear.


3 Comments:
Hey, we missed you tonight. I saw your blog the other night and as I was going to comment my internet went out--pooper! Anyway, totally know what you mean about songs....I love it when that happens. And really glad that your track of life intersects with mine for the time being...hoping you find the truth you seek.
and p.s. nicole sounding girly? abs must be rubbing off on you. you need to come over and watch sportscenter with Jamie and I or something.
I don't know how to say I understand and strangly, even though I love being married, I'm passionate about being single. I feel your struggle about wanting it to count and about just wanting a sign that someone is out there. Your blog an amazing expression.
Oh...Lisa had an amazing discovery that I was there to share...is your blog named after the Starbucks quotes?
weird that i came across this- and i had just written my own post about this similar topic.
i feel the same way- constantly wondering at every turn "is that the guy for me?" "nope, he's got a ring- check him off..." "nope, he's got a girl on his arm, check him off..." you know the drill...
what a battle. i'm SICK of trying. i'm SICK of wondering. and most of all, i'm SICK of hoping...what's the point?
Post a Comment
<< Home