Tuesday, February 26, 2008

grossy mcgross gross.

i am gross. i've been gross for about 5 days straight.

friday morning i awoke with a sore throat and that was just the beginning of my grossness.

it progressed into about 5 different stages, one for everyday. each with a unique grossness that kept me from work, class, social life and any form of productivity i could imagine.

so here is an initial list of the things i accomplished while being home sick during the last week...keep in mind my roommate was gone on a missions trip for most of this time, so it was just lil old me chillin with her gross self in 202.

1.) caught up on both young and the restless and days of our lives.
2.) danced with ellen.
3.) made a lot of hot tea...and no coffee at all.
4.) sampled the medication department at cub.
5.) compromised my adult pride and called my mom to whine.
6.) destroyed an estimated 2400 tissues.
7.) ate a lot of food i couldn't taste.
8.) listened to delilah at all hours of the night when my congestion wouldn't let me sleep.
9.) prayed for a dvd player to fall on my doorstep.
10.) watched a TON of basketball, mostly NBA and MNCAA (i'm sure abs is glad she was gone).
11.) witnessed the tennessee vols claim #1 and lose #1 in less than 30 hours.
12.) was strongly reminded (not that I needed to be) of why I unquestionably prefer women's basketball over men's.

as you can see, very productive week. i've been going crizazy, particularly over the past 24 hours. i look forward to rejoining the real world tomorrow, and (hopefully) continuing this road back to health.

5 Comments:

Blogger gretchen said...

so sad...seriously, I would have brought the girls DVD player over for you to plug into your tv. Hope you are feeling better.

12:15 PM  
Blogger Heidi said...

Since I probably would've done the same thing, I can't talk. But really, please call for us to bring you meds, books, movies, extra kleenex, etc. anytime! Gretchen and I are husbandless this week, so at least I am missing having someone to take care of. :) Don't tell Dan. :)

1:51 PM  
Blogger Jamie said...

I need reasons for the women's over men's comment.

9:41 PM  
Blogger Eric said...

the way i see it....you need to post more. Just sayin is all.

7:34 PM  
Blogger Dan, Heather, and Bjorn said...

Being gross sucks. I'm kinda a natural loner when I get gross. I don't want anyone to touch me or look at me or talk to me...If I'm gross, I wish I was Tom Hanks in Castaway with no-one but a volleyball around to bother me. Anyway, hope you stop being gross and that your kleenex supply doesn't dwindle :)

1:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home