Monday, December 29, 2008

the best in me, by n.smith

You bring out the best in me.
Plain and simple, I am a better woman when I am with you.
Everything I do matters a little bit more when you are in the front of my mind as I do it.
The obstacles that used to stand in my way now seem to bow before you as you lead me through them.

You bring out the best in me.
You make me see the light in a towering sky of darkness.
Bits of clarity and understanding appear in a world of mystery as you walk beside me.
My moments of angst are calmed by a peaceful fire that only you can start and keep burning.

You bring out the best in me.
My world may not always make more sense with you in it, but I have found there is no sense at all in my world without you there.
I’m a purer soul because you live within me, covered in snow for all of eternity.
I long to serve, and that’s not like me. That’s you inside me, that’s you softening this hard, stubborn heart.

You bring out the best in me.
You help me see past my inequities.
When the earth is my pleasure, you shed the light of Heaven on my dreams.
In the midst of selfishness, you show me others’ needs.

You bring out the best in me.
It is true that I may never be what I had in mind.
But with you I am certain I can be more.
Because with every doubt, every question and every hopeless hurt, your whisper rises above all other voices…

…and once again, brings out the best in me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home