untitled, by n.smith
Those moments you give me with you
Sometimes abundantly, sometimes just a few
They’re sweet and intimate and so full of love
Just as it should be with my father above
But I wish you were here, beside me instead
I wish you were here to be a safe place to lay my head
I want to bury my face in your coat of armor
And sob unapologetically until my cold heart grows warmer
I want to touch your face, I want to feel it between my hands
I want you here with me tonight, I want to watch my Savior dance
I don’t want to be alone, I want to share my soul with you
But not in prayer or words tonight, I want you to be my view
I want to bow at your feet, I want to kiss the ground you walk
I want to hang on your every word, what I wouldn’t give to hear you talk!
Let me brew up some coffee, please Daddy, take a seat
Oh won’t you please stay for dinner, I will make us something to eat
Lord, don’t leave me, I want you right by my side
Not just in Spirit, but Jesus, standing here alive!
Tonight I don’t want to speak or shout to you, I just want to be
No noise or praise will do, all I want is you and me
I want to be held in your embrace
I want your presence to fill this place
To catch a glimpse of your handsome face
To feel you squeeze my hand with all your might
To just have your perfect image in my sight
Lord, tonight I want more than a moment, intimate and sweet
Tonight your holiness is all I long to meet
Sometimes abundantly, sometimes just a few
They’re sweet and intimate and so full of love
Just as it should be with my father above
But I wish you were here, beside me instead
I wish you were here to be a safe place to lay my head
I want to bury my face in your coat of armor
And sob unapologetically until my cold heart grows warmer
I want to touch your face, I want to feel it between my hands
I want you here with me tonight, I want to watch my Savior dance
I don’t want to be alone, I want to share my soul with you
But not in prayer or words tonight, I want you to be my view
I want to bow at your feet, I want to kiss the ground you walk
I want to hang on your every word, what I wouldn’t give to hear you talk!
Let me brew up some coffee, please Daddy, take a seat
Oh won’t you please stay for dinner, I will make us something to eat
Lord, don’t leave me, I want you right by my side
Not just in Spirit, but Jesus, standing here alive!
Tonight I don’t want to speak or shout to you, I just want to be
No noise or praise will do, all I want is you and me
I want to be held in your embrace
I want your presence to fill this place
To catch a glimpse of your handsome face
To feel you squeeze my hand with all your might
To just have your perfect image in my sight
Lord, tonight I want more than a moment, intimate and sweet
Tonight your holiness is all I long to meet


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home