Thursday, October 12, 2006

Psalm 51:10, by n.smith

Psalm 51:10
by n. smith

In helplessness I seek your ways
Your answers to my qualms
Hidden in the shadow of choice again
I pray you hear my calls

The host beckons me in familiar tones
He knows my weakness well
But you, O Lord, are Mighty God
Your strength can break the spell

Not I alone, that never works
How often I have tried
My victory is found in you
And I will testify

My rock, my shelter, my closest friend
I repent down on my knees
You gently lift me off the ground
My guilt and sin released

You are my buzz, my “feelin’ good”
My night out on the town
No longer will I search within
or drift among the crowd

Cleanse me Lord, for I am new
Your life has set me free!
Created in Your image,

a woman of God I pray to be

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home