Thursday, August 02, 2007

Tarantulas take over 202...


According to Country Inn resident, Abigail Joy Amos, poisonous Tarantulas have invaded apartment 202.

Amos said that on the evening of August 1st, a Tarantula similar to those pictured here, leaped from the corner of the garage into the bottom cuff of her jeans as she violently tossed her flip-flop at it.

"At the time, I didn't know where it went. I threw my flip-flop and it scurried away. I thought it went under my car,” said Amos.

Although still shaken-up, Amos' beautiful, charming and successful roommate, Nicole Smith, came home. The 5'3" lil baller, commonly referred to as "Swz" often serves as Amos’ defense against such things as house flies, open blinds, small house spiders and most recently Tarantulas.

“She arrived just in time,” said Amos. “I asked her to pick up my flip-flop and see if the Tarantula was under it. At first she said, ‘are you serious right now?!’ but she picked it up and the Tarantula wasn’t there.”

Amos and Smith proceeded inside the Country Inn. They remained inside apartment 202 throughout rest of the night. Approximately one hour later, Smith passed Amos’ room and noticed Amos standing in the center of the room, looking pale and uneasy.

“I said, what is going on now, Abigail?” stated Smith. “She told me the same Tarantula that was in the garage had just hopped out of her pant cuff and scurried down her headboard. I looked all over but didn’t see a Tarantula anywhere.”

Despite an intense investigation implemented by Smith, the creature could not be found. The Tarantula was immediately considered a convict who was armed and dangerous. As a result, Amos was removed from her bedroom indefinitely, and promptly placed in the safety and security of the living room floor.

Where the Tarantula is now or what it has planned in the days to come…no one can say. Officials believe that this is not a random act, saying “We do believe this Tarantula, much like every other spider in the world, is targeting only Abigail Amos. She tends to attract spiders of all shapes and sizes, and when they find her, they attack.”


7 Comments:

Blogger Eric said...

Abby has a beautiful, talented and successful roommate? How come I never met her? No, but seriously, this is amazing. Abby's comment is even more funny! Way to go Nicole!

11:40 PM  
Blogger the way I see it... said...

No, Eric. A beautiful, charming, successful roommate. But if you'd like to throw talented in there, I'm sure there wouldn't be much argument :)

9:12 AM  
Blogger Eric said...

haha - i'm still baffled by the whole throwing of the sandle in the garage. Wouldn't you want to hold on to the sandle and try to hit the spider? So if you miss (and with a sandle, you're probably looking at a 90% miss gaurantee), you can strike multiple times. Did you give her some training??

10:00 AM  
Blogger Full of JOY said...

i didn't THROW my flipflop at it, i was trying to KILL it WITH the ff!!if i tried to stomp on it with my ff on my foot- it was have jumped on me...sheesh. people. maybe you all should read MY CORRECT version....

11:26 AM  
Blogger the way I see it... said...

you clearly had removed your ff's from your feet. you were standing barefoot in the middle of the parking lot.

12:32 PM  
Blogger gretchen said...

seriously, I am laughing out loud...that is soooo funny. What perfect roommates you too are!

5:43 PM  
Blogger Heidi said...

You guys are hilarious! Jane testified on Sunday night that she was now sleeping in Abby's room. I think she deserves a gold star. (and maybe a smiley face) :)

12:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home