Proud...
Abigail Joy Amos.
I am so incredibly proud of her.
A few months ago, she told me about a dream God revealed to her heart. Then she took her courage and her obedient faith in the Lord to The Garden Communities, asking for their help to make this dream come true. Since then, I have been in constant awe of God as he has shown himself through her every action leading up to tomorrow night.
I have learned a lot about God’s character by watching and listening to my roommate throughout the dreaming, planning and implementation stages of the Cornerstone benefit concert.
I’ve seen Jesus speak.
God spoke to Abby, and specifically laid this dream upon her heart. I am convinced that Abby’s daily commitment to spend time with God and her desire to know him more and more was extremely influential in this encounter. Abby’s ever-prepared heart was attentive and sensitive to God’s voice, and once Abby heard him, she took his words and carved out a plan to turn them into action.
I’ve seen Jesus’ passion.
From the moment she shared her dream out-loud, Abby’s passion for making this dream become reality has been absolutely undeniable. She feels an intense burden for Cornerstone and the women and children whose lives are touched and changed through its mission. Every phone call she made for donations, every conversation she had with friends and strangers and every trip she made to Walmart and the grocery store for supplies was done with an abundant outpour of passion and purpose.
Through this I’ve seen the true heart and passion of Jesus. With his eyes on the dream God placed before him, he worked relentlessly to see God’s Kingdom reign and he was fueled by an endless and contagious passion every step of the way.
I’ve seen Jesus’ people.
When Abs realized what God was asking her to do, one of the first things she did was confide in the trusted people of God’s church. Their trust in God combined with their love for Abby inspired them to do anything necessary to help Abby make this dream become reality.
Even Jesus knew his Father’s mission could not be completed by working alone. Without the support, trust and selflessness of the disciples, God’s purpose for Jesus would not be fulfilled. Jesus realized that God had surrounded him with gifted individuals who would help him achieve the dream; all he had to do was ask.
I’ve seen Jesus’ pursuit.
Many hours of time, prayer and energy have gone into tomorrow night’s event. I’ve observed Abby and the people of The Garden Communities devote all of the above and more to a cause they believe in deeply. I’ve witnessed, first-hand, a dream of God’s become a dream of his people. Without hesitation or second-thought, I watched people roll up their sleeves and do whatever it takes to bring glory to God specifically through this event. And I’ve felt the Lord guide his people by providing strength, resources and encouragement along the way.
Even more important, I’ve been consumed by the love and determination of a people who are genuinely driven by the inexorable pursuit of God’s Kingdom.
And so I’m proud.
Proud beyond articulation of my friend and roommate who heard God’s voice,
believed in his dream,
courageously proclaimed “I’ll go,”
humbly enlisted the help of her brothers and sisters,
and tirelessly gave every ounce of herself
all to see her Father’s dream come true.
Inspired by the voice of Jesus Christ, a woman acknowledged a dream. Trusting in the Word of Jesus Christ, a group of people pursued that dream. Bound by the strength of Jesus Christ, a church made a dream come to life. Lifted by the love of Jesus Christ, together we rejoice in the dream coming true.


2 Comments:
Nicole that is beautiful and so well spoken. Awwww....roomies.
you...you never cease to amaze me. speechless is what i am...and humbled. and thankful.
can i have a copy? (minus the picture)
thank you my little swz.
Post a Comment
<< Home