Monday, January 05, 2009

100th Post: Special Edition

In honor of my 100th post, I am putting a little more effort into this one (some may argue by the end that I have put too much effort into this one). Before I begin, I must give a quick disclaimer (Eric), and acknowledge that I am fully aware this may be my most superficial and judgmental post of all time. BUT (Abs), there is good reason for it, as tonight marks the premier of the newest Bachelor, Mr. Jason Mesnick.



I've taken a look at tonight's 25 Bachelorettes, and have some opinions and predictions I would like to share. Yes, I am basing these observations solely on 1.) their headshots, 2.) their professions, 3.) their names and 4.) their age. You know, just the important stuff...

Here are some of my initial thoughts on just a few of the girls we will meet tonight.



Meet Erica, a 25-year-old Account Executive from Monroe, CT. Knowing Jason, I think Erica will make it into the top 15. Erica's first impression will come across as innocent and kind, two attributes Jason appreciates in a woman. Her born and raised Northeastern demeanor will offer Jason the down-to-earth authenticity that he loved in DeAnna...at least until she lied to him and broke his heart. Erica will be around for a few weeks, folks...my prediction: top 8.



Ann, a 24-year-old flight attendant who was born raised and still resides in Phoenix, Arizona, will also make it past tonight's first round. Her resemblance to Deanna will immediately catch Jason's attention and leave him wanting to know more about this high-flying beauty. Ultimately, though, I don't think Ann will possess the maturity and readiness to settle down that Jason is searching for. Ann will make it to the top 15, and will take flight after week 2.



This is Jillian, ay?! She's a 29-year-old interior designer, originally from Alberta and currently residing in Vancouver, Canada. Jillian will be one of just a few girls who will make Jason's heart melt. Afterall, who can resist loooong, drawn-out O's. I have found, hot men love a good old-fashioned "abOUt" or warming up their Noooorthern girl after a fresh snooowfall. It is my prediction that Jillian will make it to the top 5, everyboooody!



Alright, I don't want to give away the finale already, but I am now going to announce the winner of this season's Bachelor: Megan. She is a 25-year-old single mom and lacrosse coach from Sewickley, PA. Do any of my PA readers know where that is? I do realize that to make this relationship work, Megan will need to move to the opposite coast with her child, but I sense this is a move she'd be willing to make. While there is an age difference, Megan's maturity is even with Jason's. She has a story to tell, she's been through a lot at her young age, and she is ready to blend their families and start a life with him in Seattle. Furthermore, we know Jason likes sports, and clearly Megan enjoys athletics herself. As a coach, she possesses the patience and passion to take on the motherhood responsibilities for Ty (Jason's son), and make Jason a very happy man. Megan will be the last woman standing.

Even though I've already blown it and announced the winner, let's take a look at a few other bachelorettes and see where they may fall in the race.



Meet 24-year-old Molly. Molly is a department store buyer from Grand Rapids, Michigan who currently resides in Milwaukee. Already demonstrating the willingness to move away from home, Molly will assure Jason of her desire to be with him and willingness to sacrifice for him from the beginning. She'll capture him with that sweet Midwestern grandeur that she and I both inherently possess, and should slide into the top 10 just before heading back to good old Wisconsin.



Currently residing in Boca Raton, Florida, Raquel is a 27-year-old medical student who moved to the US from Recife, Brazil. Raquel's exotic eyes and Brazilian accent will enthrall Jason from the moment they meet tonight. He will undoubtedly be captivated by her beauty, intrigued by her culture and impressed by her academic intellect and professional ambition. Sad to say, however, Raquel is just not ready for marriage and motherhood. With so much of her “today” committed to creating her “tomorrow,” she and Jason will quickly realize that she does not possess a lifestyle allowing her to make the sacrifices he needs from a prospective wife. They will depart amicably; always thankful for the time they shared together. Raquel will make it past tonight, and maybe even past week 2, but don’t expect any medical advice after week 3.



Okay, my apologies if I offend anyone who has a child with this name, plans to name their child this, or just genuinely likes it...but really? "Treasure???" I had to double take when I saw her profile come up...that's her name? I mean, that's worse then "Apple" (sorry, Gwyneth). Ish. Anyway, I tried desperately to get past her name and have an open mind about her and Jason...and even though they will find common ground right away through their shared single parenthood, this one just isn't gonna work. I'm going to put her through to the second round just because I think Jason will keep all the single moms for at least two weeks, but past that...I mean c'mon, she has A LOT to prove with that name. She's a nurse practitioner...she's 28...she's from Salt Lake City, Utah. Oh, and did I mention her name is Treasure?



This is Stacia. She is a 24-year-old Charity Accountant from Orem, Utah, 1 of 4 single moms on this season's show. Stacia will make it to the top 2, only to have her heart broken when Jason selects Megan to be his bride. Jason will inevitably cry when he breaks it off with Stacia. He'll get that goofy Jason smile on his face, the one where his eyes get big like a Chihuahua and they look like they're gonna pop out of his face, after their first 1-1 date. Stacia is going to be very cool. I think the women watching will like her. She won't be overbearing, dramatic or immature. She'll be real. She'll have a hard time letting Jason in, but when she does she'll go for broke. Her heart will truly be broken on the last episode, but as she'll state through her inevitable blubberings, she won't regret a minute of it. Top 2...mark my words.

So there you have it, folks! Your exclusive preview of this season's Bachelor. There will be much, much more to come as I provide weekly updates on the ladies, Jason's decisions, my opinions, etc...

Tune in tonight: 7-9pm (central) on ABC!

2 Comments:

Blogger gretchen said...

This cracks me up...I saw the commercial the other day and was definitely enticed to tune in (not tonight of course cuz the BUCKEYES are on, but I can DVR). I look forward to your analysis...maybe we will have to wager on the winner again--you in?

4:16 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

I thought you were out! haha.. but I'm glad you're not. I actually decided that this is going to be my show to watch this season. I think the single dad thing reeled me to watch it this year as opposed to other years past. I've never faithfully watched it before, but have always known if I started, this was the type of show I'd love and totally get hooked on. Here we go!

5:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home